Monday, May 25, 2015

Readers Review - George R. R. Martin (A Clash of Kings)

It's been awhile since my last post, and for that I'm sorry. My apologize. Some of you might think, I've been giving up on my book review. The truth is, that I've never been more engaged in writing and reading than I am right now. But while it's nice to read, I have to admit, that it's much more satisfying to write myself. 

The last couple of month I've been busy writing a collection of short-stories for an upcoming book, building a sound studio and establishing a publishing house. I'm sure you understand, that my time to read have been limited to an absolute minimum. 

But off-cause. I have been reading. A Chinese saying says: "After three days without reading, your talk becomes flavorless." I you want to become an excellent writer, you got to read. So I did, but not as much as I used to.

I've just finished 'A Clash of Kings' by George R. R. Martin. I have to admit, that I'm just as impressed with this book, as I was when I've finished 'A Game of Thrones'. The war escalates, and the the intrigues goes on and becomes more and more complicated.

I don't want to try render the course of action in this review. It's way to complicated. What I want to do, is shout out for all the world to hear how impress I am. It's incredible how George R. R. Martin is able to keep track of the storyline. Not even once did I get the feeling of being lost in the plot. All the way throughout the book, I had the feeling, that the author was holding my hand and gently guided me through each and every one of the 826 action-packed pages in this volume. 

It's needless to say, that I've already bought the rest of the series. What I really need is a long vacation, a white beach, a sun chair and a cold drink... oh yeah, and a acceptable excuse for not to go to work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment