Friday, December 26, 2014

Reader's review - Mark Alpert (Final Theory)

Click to buy the book
Click to by the book

This will probably be my last post in 2014. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my faithful readers for their support and loyalty. I would also like to thank all of you who just dropped by. I hope that you all found something of value, you could use in your search for a good reading experience.

2014 has been a really good year when it comes to books. Up to now, I have read fifteen books, the majority of which were both well written and entertaining. If I should have to highlight three interesting books, I want to mention:

George R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones): I never get too old for fantasy when the plot is well composed and well written. 'Game of Thrones' is a work that deserves to go down in  history.
Dean Koontz (The Taking): I'll never forget my first love. Dean Koontz has a formidable ability to keep his readers on their toes from the first pages. There are not many authors, who are able to match this amazing writer.
Ezra T. Gray (The Grove & Other Stories): This book is the only collection of short stories I've read this years. It was great to experience, that the horror stories are not dead and gone and that it is still possible to add fine new facets to a well worn genre.

Here, just a few days before new-year, I am now adding book number sixteen to the list of reviewed books this year. I am happy to say, that this last book also was a worthy representative of the 'great books'.

To me, Mark Alpert was an unknown author, but the title of his book, 'Final Theory', caught my attention. I have great respect for mr. Albert Einstein, so when an author involve him in his history, I simply have to read the book.

Many authors writes about the law of physics in their books, but unfortunately, too often it turns out, that they are either very shallow, or they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Thankfully, Mark Alpert does not apply to this pitiful category of writers.

Not only does 'Final Theory' appear to be written by someone who actually knows what he's talking about. It was also found that Mark Alpert was an excellent writer. Although the book deals with difficult issues such as particle physics and astrophysics, it is described in an interesting and entertaining way.

'Final Theory' takes the reader on a breathless chase. The book's protagonist, David Swift, is hunted down because he accidentally are handed the code to Albert Einstein's 'Einheitliche Feldttheorie'. This theory provides unlimited possibilities for particle physics - especially for military purposes. David begins his own quest for Einstiens 'Einheitliche Feldttheorie' and while he tries to escape the police, the FBI, the U.S. Army and a sadistic assassin, he tries to find the meaning in the numerical code his old professor confided to him shortly before he died. Now it is a matter of life and death - his own and the whole world.

'Final Theory' is not only entertaining reading. I actually learned something while I was reading it and that is not so bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment